Social Icons

Selasa, 26 Maret 2013

Jessie Ware's 'Wicked' Year: A$AP Rocky And MTV's Artist To Watch Honors

Jessie Ware has already won over fans in the UK and charmed/stalked A$AP Rocky into a collaboration, and now, after only a handful of shows here in the states, she's feeling the love in the U.S., too.
"The crowds have been amazing! I mean, Voguing at the front, I get roses pretty much every night, I feel like Pavarotti! It's wicked," she laughed. "I just want to come back because it's been such a lovely atmosphere; it's felt really good. The shows are packed, and people are singing the songs and going madder than even the UK, and they've had the album! I was like 'I knew you Americans would
get it. I knew it!'"
Of course, we'll finally get our chance to own her fantastic Devotion album when it's released in the U.S. next month, in a deluxe edition complete with that A$AP cameo, and another new song, "Imagine It Was Us." And right around then, Ware — who's also been named on of MTV's Artists To Watch for 2013 — will return to the states for a run of shows, which she's going to try to make even better than the last. Though, really, that might be tougher than she imagined.
"I played the Bowery Ballroom in New York, I went to see my mates' band play there years ago as an opening act, so, like that was an incredible show," she said. "I just want to come back and see all of America, because I've loved it so much, and I love so much of the music, the people, all of it."
And though her schedule is currently full through September (Ware definitely isn't skimping on the summer festival season), she's not about to complain about being busy. Not with so many opportunities in front of her ... at this point, sleep is overrated.
"I'm feeling really good, really happy! It's going to be a busy year, a hectic one, but I want to enjoy it all, because it's pretty wonderful what's happening," she said. "You know, I'll sleep later. Right now, I'm enjoying myself."

2 komentar:

 

SEJARAH MUSIC

More on this category »

JENIS-JENIS MUSIC

More on this category »

TOKOH MUSIC

More on this category »